Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fresh Zapalas

When my grandmother made these she started the dough in the morning and let it rise all day. Right after dinner she would fry them up. Well with the grocery stores today, they have made it so much easier when you can find good quality pre-made products ready to cook. I purchase the dough and just let it rise prior to frying. That is so much easier. My new saying is. Work smarter not harder.
Cut dough into 1/4's
gently spread apart with fingers.
Let vegetable oil get hot and gently drop in hot oil.
Flip over when one side is golden brown.
Once both sides are golden brown, remove from oil and let drain on paper towels for a minute or two.
Now the boy can start to have fun. Sprinkling powdered sugar all over them.


Bon-apatite


PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

  1. Once again, I've never heard of these, but they sure look delicious! TCK seems like he had lots of fun with the sugar. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look AWESOME. You've opened my eyes to so many ideas about cooking with your blog. I never even knew you could buy pizza dough at Publix like that. Problem is, I don't cook much anymore! You truly do make everything look so interesting. I love wandering through your blogs. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IS that ever look easy my kids would luv that I'll have to give that a try

    would you mind leaving a comment on this post please http://nightowlmama.blogspot.com/2009/07/funniest-five-momfinitions.html
    Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails