Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Italian Meatballs

This is the time of year when I do most of my cooking. Fall and winter is when the weather in Florida starts to cool down and the holidays are just around the corner. Now I can get into cooking.

The great thing about making Meatballs is they do very well when frozen. I make a very large batch and put half in the freezer. When I am ready to use the Frozen Meatballs, all I do is defrost them and put them in the oven for fifteen minutes, just enough time for them to get hot and crisp up slightly.
2 lbs of lean ground beef
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 teaspoons salt
½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
3 cloves of garlic chopped fine
½ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes packed in oil (optional)
3 tablespoons of Mrs Dash, Sundried tomato and Basil
2 eggs
Oil for frying

Mix all ingredients together and roll the meat into 3 inch balls. Put oil in a frying pan ½ inch deep. Allow the oil to get hot before placing the Meatballs in the oil. Place the Meatballs in the frying pan and fry to a golden brown.
Turn Meatballs every couple of minutes so all sides are golden brown.








I love Sun Dried tomatoes so I add some for myself. As for the Chief he likes just straight Meat.






Participating and reading about "What would your children say?" Wednesday, is a real good laugh for mid week.

Click on the logo and get full details.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket>

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails