Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Cisco Kids 9th birthday cake

Every year I make The Cisco Kid a theme cake. He loves the Angry Birds games. So Angry Birds cake it is.

I found a new cupcake cake mix that I bake it into a cake instead of the cupcakes. It's by Betty Crocker and it's called Fun da-middles. They are cupcakes with cream baked inside. Instead of putting the batter in cupcake cups I put the batter in a cake tin. To make The Cisco Kids Cake I used two boxes so the cake is nice and tall. I used lots of different kinds of chocolate bars to make the structure. I made all the Angry Birds characters out of molded chocolate. Then I covered the cake with putter cream icing.

Wonderful Butter Cream Icing.  Publix recipe.

Ingredients

1/2 lb
butter
2 c
Crisco vegetable shortening
1 tsp
vanilla extract
1 tsp
butter flavoring
1/2 tsp
almond extract
2 lb
confectioners' sugar
1/4 tsp
salt
1 Tbsp
meringue powder
1 Tbsp
milk, if needed

Directions

1
MIX BUTTER, CRISCO, AND SALT TOGETHER ON LOW SPEED FOR 5 MINUTES. ADD VANILLA, BUTTER FLAVOR, AND ALMOND EXTRACT. BEAT UNTIL WELL BLENDED. TURN MIXER ON TO THE LOWEST SPEED THE MIXER HAS, ADD SUGAR 1/2 CUP AT A TIME UNTIL SUGAR IS MIXED IN. TURN MIXER UP TO MEDIUM SPEED AND BEAT UNTIL SMOOTH AND CREAMY. THIS SHOULD TAKE 5 MINUTES.

2
SOME TIPS: SIFT SUGAR IT HELPS KEEP THE LUMPIES AWAY...
MERINGUE POWDER AND BUTTER FLAVORING CAN BE FOUND WHERE CAKE DECORATING SUPPLIES ARE SOLD.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails